Help Desk Technician/ Retail Support
The Store Automation Department is adding another Help Desk Technician/ Retail Support. This is a full-time position, based at UDF’s headquarters in Norwood. Responsibilities include answering support calls, installing equipment at stores and a variety of other functions.
Requirements include proficiency with, or ability to quickly learn, various computer programs. The position can require travel to any UDF store so a valid driver’s license with a driving record that meets company standards is required. A company vehicle is provided.
Normal hours are Tuesday through Saturday, but the position also participates in a rotating schedule of weekly on-call responsibility, requiring 24/7 availability during the on-call week.
This position is only open to current UDF employees. While any UDF employee may apply, the company will not pay relocation costs.
For more information, and to apply, go to WWW.UDFHIRING.COM
Applications will be accepted through October 15th.
THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO CURRENT UDF EMPLOYEES ONLY
The primary responsibility of the Help Desk Technician/ Retail Support position in the Store Automation Systems Department at United Dairy Farmers is to install, maintain, and provide support/assistance with the POS and other automated systems in the retail environment. Candidates with experience in the UDF retail environment are preferred.
- Answer Incoming Help Desk calls from Retail Stores and supporting other departments; document and prioritize contacts.
- Troubleshoot, analyze and resolve problems by phone when possible; determine whether an on-site visit is required.
- Travel to store locations, as needed, for hardware/software installation, repair or replacement. Resolve other issues with Store Automation systems. Centralized Help Desk serves all stores in Greater Cincinnati, Dayton, and Columbus areas.
- Participate in rotating schedule of weekly on-call responsibility, requiring 24/7 availability. Most on-call contacts are resolved by phone or remote computer connection, although on-site visits are sometimes necessary.
- Communicate with Retail Store employees and internal support departments or outside providers as needed to resolve problems. Refer more complex issues to appropriate support departments. Follow all contacts through to completion.
- Assist the Store Operations and Marketing groups by providing information and instruction when new store automation programs are implemented.
Other automation systems support functions as assigned by the Supervisor of Store Automation Systems Department.
- Ability to work a regular full-time schedule, Tuesday through Saturday. Nights and weekends required during “On-Call” week and special projects.
- Ability to speak, hear and understand spoken English well enough to communicate effectively in person and on the telephone.
- Ability to write/type English well enough to communicate clearly and efficiently by email, letter and other written methods.
- Ability to read and understand written English well enough to use software documentation.
- Must be able to carry equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, crawl, and climb ladders.
- Must be 18 years or older and possess a valid Driver’s License with a driving record that meets company standards.
- Proficiency with, or ability to quickly learn, computer programs including, among others, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and other software used at United Dairy Farmers .
The lists of ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS for the Help Desk Technician/ Retail Support position in the Store Automation Systems Department position are not exhaustive but are believed to be accurate at the time of publication. Management reserves the right to revise this job description at any time without notice and to require that other tasks be performed when necessary (for example in response to emergencies, changes in personnel, changes in workload or technical developments).