United Dairy Farmers in Blue Ash Ohio is looking for a full time seasoned baker who can support the development of new and existing products and oversee the baked goods growth of our Bakery Fresh Innovation Facility. This is a great opportunity for a Culinary, Baking Science individual who has a creative development mindset for new & existing products.
- Donut and Baked Goods Production, Assist and lead the R&D of donuts baked good products. Focus will be on hands on making of products, creating new item samples and prototypes for presentation for management and marketing presentations.
- Works hands on in training bakery team members in how to produce and bake products.
- Developing formulations and baking products for presentation and launch to retail
- Draft, create, and manage all Formulas and BOM’s, and process steps for all products and confirm and verify recipe and process adherence
- Ensure all donuts and baked goods production is produced in quantities needed to fulfil orders
- Ensure all products produced meet UDF’s quality requirements and specifications
- Ensure all manufacturing processes, including temperatures, proof and fry times, bake temperature and bake times are adhered to maintain consistent product appearance and quality
- Works directly with ingredient and material vendors technical support staff to ensure finished product results meeting UDF expectations
- Guides management of needed equipment to scale production to meet Retail sales requirements.
- Maintain required hygiene, safety, and quality standards on the production floor.
- Team player
- Perform all other duties assigned.
Skills, Experience, & Qualifications
- Technical competence in art and science of baking, culinary, food science and desire to learn and teach
- Creativity and passion for food and new product development
- Effective organizer – can handle multiple projects at the same time and can take product from conception to mass production
- Effective Communicator – able to listen effectively
- Strong in follow-up – must catch every detail
- Baking & Culinary skills
- Computer Skills
Education, Technical Qualifications, Experience, and Competencies Proficiency Level
Work Days: Monday – Friday, some weekends as needed.Competitive Compensation based on donut/bakery knowledge and experience, from $60K-$70K.
Preferred: Flexible on education requirement with practical experience background
- BS or Associate, degree in Food Science, Culinary Arts, Science Related (biology, microbiology, chemistry) or Diploma or certificate training in baking.
- An Equal Opportunity Employer