The Food Service Field Manager is responsible for ensuring successful store execution of UDFs hot food initiatives to grow the Hot Food Category across the Company’s Retail locations. Incumbent “owns Ovenside store performance and is responsible for developing ideas, initiatives and opportunities to grow the business, and continuously influence short-term and long-term program strategy.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Partner with the Fast-Food Category Manager to develop, deliver and assess food service initiatives including Ovenside and Hot to Go food across the retail footprint.
• Actively visits Ovenside stores to ensure ongoing proper operational execution of the program (build top’s, waste control, order fulfillment, guest service).,
• Leads training efforts for new Food Service Programs partnering with UDF Learning and Development. Trains store associates on Food Service Programs who can then in turn train other associates (train-the-trainer) at the store location.
• Build Associate engagement through training and supervision of program execution and monitor Ovenside, revenues, cost and waste and adjusts programs to maximize quality, revenue and transaction growth.
• Introduce and expand Ovenside program into new and existing stores, setting up equipment (small wares, scales, etc.) and procedures. Position will require travel throughout the company.
• Partners with Marketing & Guest Insights to analyze key sales and transaction trends from store tests, promotions and campaigns. Leverages Insights to deliver actionable business initiatives to grow the food service business. Keeps up to date on current and emerging trends in Food Service programs
• Partners with Store Operations, and supports them, to insure successful execution of key food service programs. Solicits feedback from Operations with the goal to enhance sales and revenue.
• Provide executive overviews and presentations to leadership on results from campaigns, store tests, promotions, etc.
- Responsible for providing store associates and store management with timely, candid and constructive performance feedback.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- Ideal candidate has some College experience in Business Management or Marketing, or other degree (preferred)
- Four to six (4-6) years’ experience and comprehensive knowledge of C-store Management
Competencies & Capabilities:
- Ability to utilize the data to “story-tell” in a compelling manner to drive a strategic shift in the business or support an existing strategic priority for growth. Ability to develop and communicate findings and recommendations.
- Fundamental understanding of key financial and retail performance metrics
- Extensive familiarity with food service programs
- Demonstrated experience in managing the P&L
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and possess the ability to present information to external and internal groups
- Self-starter, strong drive, highly motivated to make change and bring about fact driven decisions.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to operate in a complex, rapidly changing environment while adhering to tight schedules and budgets.
- Demonstrated project management skills and proven ability to balance multiple projects in varying degrees of implementation.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and attention to detail skills are required.
- Must be well-organized and able to coordinate multiple tasks and requests.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point,
- Ability to use email and database platforms.