Responsible for supervising the day to day activities of the Quality Assurance Laboratory. Proficient in all Lab Related Activities. Provides support / direction to the Production Team regarding Quality & Sanitation Results. Provides support to the Manager of Quality Assurance / Compliance.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedule / Monitor Quality Assurance Laboratory Activities.
- Responsible for Inventory of Quality Assurance Laboratory Supplies
- Verification of Quality Assurance Laboratory Records.
- Perform routine Quality Testing as required on Raw Materials, In-Process & Finished Products.
- Maintenance of FT-120 Fat Analyzer.
- Perform Production Line Checks as required.
- Verification of Ingredient Certificate of Analysis (COA’s).
- Development / upkeep of Quality Assurance SOP Manual.
- Development / upkeep of Raw Material Specifications
- Leading and/or assisting development of Plant and Laboratory related Quality Improvement strategies
- Assists Manager of Quality Assurance / Compliance with:
- SQF Plant Inspections
- HACCP Review / Updates
- Maintenance of Vendor & Ingredient Files
- Resolution of Food Safety or Product Quality issues and Consumer Complaints
- Environmental Monitoring Activities.
- Verification of Sanitation Activities
- Upkeep of Product Formulas & Mix Standards
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science or related field.
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years work experience in the Food Industry preferred.
Competencies & Capabilities:
- Excellent verbal, written & people skills.
- Must be well-organized and able to coordinate multiple tasks & requests.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects, work under pressure and adapt to sudden changes in the work environment.
- Ability to drive Continuous Improvement
- Proficient with AS400, Windows Office & Lotus Notes.
- Ability to learn & operate Standard Laboratory Equipment.
- Ability to learn & operate Tech Wizard Nutrition Information System
- Understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices & Sanitation Principles.
- HACCP Certification preferred.
- SQF Practitioner preferred.