Night Shift Dispatcher
The essential function of this position is to use computer technologies to remotely monitor gasoline and diesel inventories in underground storage tanks at United Dairy Farmers stores, plan delivery quantities and sequences and assign the loads to drivers. Primary considerations are preventing product outages at the stores while ensuring cost effective routing and load assignments that are consistent with all regulations including, for example, axle load limits and driver hours of service regulations. There are no direct reports but this position indirectly supervises 25 to 35 fuel delivery drivers. This position also performs additional tasks as assigned by the Manager of Petroleum Transportation. Pay ranging from $19-$20 per hour.
· Three years experience in the transportation industry, petroleum preferred
· Knowledge of DOT regulations
· Knowledge of routing
· Experience using computers and the ability to learn new programs quickly
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both in writing and verbally, including face-to-face and on the telephone
· Ability to establish effective working relationships with drivers
· Ability to remain calm and professional in stressful situations
· Strong problem solving skills
· Ability to accurately do mathematical computations including those involving fractions and percentages
· Ability to read and understand government regulations and technical materials
4 PM to 4 AM
Work: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday,
Off: Friday, Saturday.
Off: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday,
Work: Friday, Saturday.
Schedule then rotates back to the top.