TITLE: Zone Trainer
MANAGER: Sr. Director L&D
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
The Zone Trainer is responsible for the development and delivery of classroom and in-store training to all areas of UDF Retail and act as the key contact for your primary Zone for learning and training needs. You will manage the development and facilitation of course content and the creation and design of instruction materials, and for UDF Retail.
The Zone Trainer is assigned to a specific Zone/Zones. However, due to the demands of various training programs each zone trainer will have additional duties that will encompass all Company Training Programs and assist in those areas of need Therefore, the flexibility to assist in other store and non-store operational areas of the company will be necessary.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administers and supervises the training activities of an assigned area of Store Operations with the primary focus on the Store Manager Training Program (SMTP). Has direct supervisory responsibility for Manager Trainees.
- Supervises, oversees and manages the training and career development of all assigned Manager Trainees in their respective area of responsibility along with partnering with selected Store Manager Trainers working one-on-one with these Associates in training.
- Conducts various classroom and field-based programs in the development process for all Associate levels including entry-level Associates
- MABL (Making A Better Leader) Sessions
- Shift Leader Classroom
- Assistant Manager Classroom
- First Assistant Manager Classroom.
- DipSide / Soft Serve Training
- Quality Assurance
- Gasoline Training
- Backroom Management
- Computer System Training
- Weekly Delivery Reports
- Car Wash (when applicable) Training
- Preventive Maintenance.
- Also, as needed Learning and Development and the Zone Trainers are responsible for supporting special training needs for company programs that roll out to all stores.
- Assists with the identification of training needs for the assigned area and partners with the Zone Managers, along with the Sr. Director of Learning & Development, in the development and implementation of all training activities.
- In addition, acts as a mentor to the Store Manager Trainee as the Trainee progresses in their career.
- Assists in the selection of Store Manager Trainers for their respective area of assignment. Monitors the Training Store to insure the operation complies with company standards. Responsible for training the Store Manager Trainer to follow specific guidelines for the Store Manager Training Program. Responsible to insure that training aids, manuals, and other items are available at the Training Store when needed. Assists in helping their respective Training Store sites are in compliance with the established training criteria.
- Responsible for providing individual training schedules to each Manager Trainee.
- Responsible to visit regularly each Manager Trainee and assist with hands on training, along with verifying the training of the individual through the company development checklist.
- Responsible for the verification of understanding of company policies and procedures and reviews that said standards and requirements can be performed by each manager trainee with the assistance of the Store Manager Trainer.
- Responsible to report to the Zone Manager, along with the Sr. Director of L&D the progress of each Zone Store Manager Trainee on a regular basis.
- Responsible for providing support to new Store Manager at their first assigned store.
- Responsible for presenting all assigned Training Programs on a scheduled basis, including both field programs and classroom programs.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Previously served as a Retail store manager
- Three to Five years experience in a retail environment, preferably in a C-store
- Prior experience in training preferred
Competencies & Capabilities:
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities
- Supervisory or management experience
- Ability to facilitate and instruct in training sessions as well as individually coach
- Excellent verbal, written, people, and diplomacy skills are required.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and attention to detail skills are required.
- Must be well-organized and able to coordinate multiple tasks and requests.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects, work under pressure, and adapt to sudden changes in the work environment.
- Self-starter with the ability to organize, prioritize and control job responsibilities.
- Demonstrate sound judgment as well as apply logical/critical thought processes.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Communicate concisely, accurately and in the appropriate manner with peers and operational personnel.
- Ability to use all Microsoft Office software, including: Word, Excel, & PowerPoint
- Ability to use Lotus Notes email and database platform.
- Previous experience with AS/400 environments preferred.
- Experience with Learning Management Systems or experience with HR/HCM systems preferred.
- Position is performed in retail environments (Stores) and office environments. Some continuous use of a PC related to completing duties as outlined above.
- General requirements include lifting (the same as Clerk and Shift Leader) roles including cleaning, restocking and lifting of bulk ice cream and DipSide products
- Available for travel – mainly to stores in assigned zone, but also at times outside of the zone.