Doughnut delivery drivers are responsible for delivering fresh doughnuts and fresh foods from our Bakery to our designated store locations.
Based at our Columbus Cross Dock, drivers deliver doughnuts and fresh food to UDF stores in the Greater Columbus market. Depending on the route, shifts start between 3:00pm and 4:00pm.
This is a full-time role working Monday – Sunday rotating work schedule.
- Offload doughnuts and fresh food from the daily UDF Bakery deliveries into our cross dock warehouse facility.
- Work with the Columbus Logistics Lead to insure orders are correct and loaded onto the appropriate truck for delivery
- Load doughnuts and fresh food onto delivery truck adhering to all safety policies and procedures
- Operate vehicle in a safe manner obeying all state and local laws related to motor vehicle transportation.
- Navigate the optimized delivery route to insure safe and on-time deliveries to the store locations.
- Insure donut and fresh food are delivered to the correct store with the correct order
- Carefully un-load doughnuts and deliver into the store location minimizing store or guest interruptions.
- Work with UDF Store associates on any delivery issues or concerns. Communicate as needed with the Columbus Logistics lead to resolve any issues or problems.
- May have to adjust delivery schedule and route due to un-foreseen circumstances.
Qualifications and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check, Motor Vehicles Records check and drug screening
- Drivers must obtain a DOT medical card
- Previous experience in a driving role specific to food production preferred but not required.
- Requires the ability to read delivery tickets and complete logbooks and other paperwork accurately.
- Ability to handle constant physical workload.
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment.
- Read, write and communicate in English.
- Be on time and willing to perform some overtime when necessary.
- Must have dependable transportation to get from and to the job.
- Be able to mentor the next team member
- Able to work with computers, read order sheets, etc.
- The position requires being able to safely drive a van/small truck at any daypart including night and in all weather conditions.
- It requires the ability to get in and out of the vehicle repeatedly and to tolerate exposure to all weather conditions.
- It requires the ability to push/pull carts weighing as much as 150 pounds up and down a short ramp and lift them in and out of a van with a floor 2 feet above the ground.
- Candidate must be able to lift heavy objects repeatedly.
- Must be able to read a delivery note document and pull correct trays and baskets of product and deliver to correct store.
- Interact professionally with all UDF store personnel as well as any UDF customers they may encounter during the delivery process.