Warehouse Supervisor - Cold Chain Integrity - Erlanger, KY
Cold Chain Integrity (CCI), a division of United Dairy Farmers (UDF) is the largest certified full-service cold storage facility in the Tri-State, providing “best-in-class” cold chain management protocols, processes, and practices for the Food, Flavoring, and Pharmaceutical industries. Cold Chain Integrity has a variety of storage options to offer including Conventional Public Cold Storage, Order Pick Distribution, Import/Export, and Temperature-Controlled Repack – maintaining a customer’s temperature requirements, from production to store shelf.
With their headquarters based in Erlanger, Kentucky, CCI operates a 210,000 square foot facility and a new 120,000 square foot facility that just opened in September, 2019. CCI offers several storage and handling options for its customers including 24/6 shipping and receiving, multi-temperature convertible rooms, Ambient (Dry), Hazmat (Ambient and Refrigerated), Room Freezing, Blast Freezing and Tempering.
Due to growth in its operations, CCI is looking for experienced supervisors to join their team in Erlanger, KY.
You'll lead and manage a small warehouse team (15 employees) including shipping, receiving, order picking and first-level supervision of the team. This would be a second shift role with core hours of 2pm to 10pm six days a week.
More specifically, your duties will include:
Function as an effective work team/people leader
- Build a solid work team
- Collaborate with employees to solve work-related problems
- Conduct meetings to relay general information or to address specific topics, such as safety
- Evaluate employee performance and prepare performance appraisals
- Counsel employees in work-related activities, personal growth, or career development
- Work with the Facility Operations Manager to recommend or initiate personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, or disciplinary measures and resolve personnel problems and complaints.
- Assess training needs of staff and arrange for or provide appropriate instruction
- Ensure employees follow all safety policies and procedures
- Lead CCI’s operation with intelligent foresight that anticipates challenges that may arise and resolves them in advance
- Provide day-to-day tactical leadership and operational execution on the warehouse floor.
- Work with Facility Operations Manager to monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure processes and productivity
- Supervise and coordinate the most efficient unloading of inbound shipments, orderly stacking of product, and the picking and staging of outbound shipments in accordance with the highest possible levels of quality
- Set and achieve housekeeping standards that are a model of orderliness and cleanliness and meet standards and procedures for maintenance related functions
- Perform regular inspections of work areas to ensure compliance with food safety and occupational safety laws and guidelines are followed
- Investigate and report all safety accidents and violations in a timely manner. Conduct operations in accordance with OSHA and MSDS Standards
- Ensure compliance with all company policies, as well as all Federal, State and Local OSHA regulations
- Ensure compliance with all transportation and safety regulations
- Approach the role as one that requires continuous customer understanding and focus
- Work with the Facility Operations Manager to maximize customer service by ensuring accuracy of inventory and ensures the commitment of customers to continue to work with CCI
Desired Skills and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent. Associates degree or bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 1-3 years experience in a warehouse environment preferably in food production, cold storage/warehousing and/or logistics
- Minimum 2-3 years supervisory experience in a warehouse environment preferably in food production, cold-storage/warehousing and/or logistics
- Previous experience in developing work schedules that balance the business and associate needs
- At least 1-2 years experience with MS Office and e-mail programs.
- Prior experience and familiarity with warehousing, logistics and/or order picking systems/platforms preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Team Player who can mutli-task and also work independently
- Willingness to learn new tasks and adapt to change.
- You will have the ability to interpret HR regulations, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential functions for this position and meet the physical requirements needed to perform them. Reasonable accommodations may be made for qualified individuals with disabilities.
- Requires the ability to stand for long periods of time
- Requires several hours per day of standing and sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, bending, or carrying loads
- Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work and some warehouse work
- Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
- Frequently may lift, carry, position, or move objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Working environment is usually in a frozen cold storage with some areas with sub-zero temperatures and office setting, with occasional need to leave the premises
- Works overtime, evenings, or weekends in order to complete work or to attend meetings
- Minimal Travel may be required