Job Purpose / Summary:
The Director of Technology and Applications’ primary focus will be developing and maintaining an IT strategy/roadmap for the Retail portion of our business. This will not only include identifying and vetting technologies that should be pursued, but also determining the sequence of implementation, to ensure technology enhancements are performed in a logical manner.
In addition to the above, this position will also be responsible for project management for the significant application implementations, which may also include initiatives outside of the Retail business unit, along with ongoing development, break-fix and support activities. This includes new applications as determined by business needs and strategy, upgrades to existing applications, and retirement/replacement of applications as they end their lifecycle. This position will also be responsible for identifying and proposing solutions to implications of PCI requirements on technology enhancements.
The position will have four (4) direct reports consisting of an AS400 Applications manager who has 2 direct reports and 3 Developer/Programmer Analysts that are dedicated to store automation.
This is a newly created position that will work closely with senior management in all areas of the business, but primarily Retail, to develop and maintain a technology roadmap as well as to obtain input related to the priority of projects and provide leadership in the application selection process.
- Understand the Retail business strategies, objectives and priorities to support effective business operations, improve performance and achieve organizational goals.
- Proactively evaluate current and emerging technologies, application customizations and system enhancements for meeting organization’s business needs. Identify opportunities to improve applications, processes and procedures relative to business systems and technology solutions. Ensure solutions selected provide the most efficient cost/performance ratio.
- Manage the implementation of technology and application platforms for the organization, including project management, major milestones and budget needs.
- Serve as business and technology solutions development specialist to departments and committees concerning business and technology solutions.
- Provide innovative, results-focused, information-based solutions to address complex cross-functional needs.
- Develop and manage an implementation plan for the systems strategic plan.
- Supervise and provide training, guidance and direction to employees to ensure work is performed in an efficient, timely and accurate manner.
- Provide strategic leadership in recommending and selecting systems that will work across the organization.
- Create an atmosphere in which the department is focused on being a business partner with all areas of operations to ensure software selection meets the Company’s needs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Experience in effectively communicating and identifying requirements with individuals at all levels of an organization in a variety of functional roles and with a range of IT skills.
- Experience in identifying requirements from different functions and teams.
- Strong customer service and business partner orientation.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with attention to detail and follow-through, and to deliver high-quality, accurate results/products.
- Excellent problem solving/analytical skills.
- Ability to work both with team members and executive leadership equally well.
- Ability to prioritize and demonstrate excellent time management.
- Ability to organize effectively, manage multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of PCI requirements, Disaster Recovery programs, and other IT policies and procedures.
- BS degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7- 10 years of hands-on management of IT Applications with responsibilities covering enterprise business applications, EDI, and reporting systems.
- Previous experience with Retail and corresponding Retail systems (POS, Loyalty, Digital, Ordering, B2C, CRM, etc.) preferred
- 5+ years of experience operating at senior-level (IT) positions, managing managers and vendors. Broad knowledge of IT concepts, methodologies, processes, policies and current IT industry trends in the Retail industry.
- 5+ years of experience with business requirements development.
- 5+ years of project management experience.
- 2+ years of experience in Risk Management areas of Disaster recovery, and PCI requirements.